Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer 2013

I started this blog several summers ago as a way to remind myself of specific edtech sites I wanted to explore and to reflect on how to use them in my library.  Looking back to see that I posted ONE blog last summer makes me think that I should change my blog name to "Random Thoughts & Whatever!"

My "web presence" has been more regular on Scoop.It, Pinterest, and Learnist.  I have a number of boards on those sites addressing Common Core, EdTech Tools, @myLibrary, and iPads in Classroom.

At this point, I want to make these notations:
    Wallwisher is now called Padlet;
    My Google Reader is dissolving so I've moved to Feedly;
    I created a library Symbaloo page this past year with a connected Symbaloo page for 5th grade American
         Revolution links; and
   my 5th grade GATES kids were not "into" Edmodo like last year's group.

Summer goals at this point are to develop skills with Google docs, Dropbox, Evernote, and iPad apps.  My school district presented an iPad to each certified teacher on our last day of school with the intent that our district will be moving to a 1:1 iPad initiative provided a bond issue passes this fall.  Having an iPhone has helped me to have some knowledge with the iPad although I have not explored any real classroom uses.  I haven't come up with a reasonable classroom use for the Smule Guitar app!!

Just so I am sure to post more than one blog this summer, I'm writing the REALLY BIG summer news in my next post.  Hint:  ISTE 2013!!


No comments:

Post a Comment