Friday, November 12, 2010

Yeah--"What Ed Said"

When school started, it was my intent to start up my blog again. What was I thinking? With three elementary libraries this year, I don't seem to have time to even check Facebook much these days!

Once a week or so, I try to take time to keep up with my RSS feeds. I've been following a blog called "What Ed Said" who describes himself as "a teacher, a learner, an inquirer, and now a blogger." He often writes blogs that feature a "top 10 list" and this is one that I found to be interesting and entertaining and sometimes close to home. As I'm checking my reader, I also find myself getting distracted and surprisingly, it's some of the same edtech distractions he names.

Read on to see if you also have similar distractions!

10 ways to get your reports written…
November 7, 2010

not!

While you’re at the computer writing your reports, do you have a few distractions happening on the side?

1. Keep Twitter open.

Check periodically to see what’s new. Click on promising links. Interact with interesting people.

2. Check your email.

Respond to the important ones. Deal with some old ones you’ve been ignoring that are now urgent.

3. Organize your reader.

Subscribe to some new blogs. Cull some old ones. Read some posts you haven’t had time to while you were writing reports.

4. Write a to do list.

You’ll have a lot to do after these reports are done. You’d better get organized in advance.

5. Update your facebook status.

See what everyone else is up to. Upload some photos. Comment on other people’s.

6. See what’s new on TED.

Listen to the latest TED talks. Catch up on some you missed while you were writing reports.

7. Go to Google Talk.

See who’s online. Engage in a short chat or two. Catch up with an old friend.

8. Sign into Skype.

Some of your relatives might be online. Make a quick call to see what’s happening on the other side of the world.

9. Try new tools.

Explore some tools you’ve been meaning to. Add to your repertoire. You’ll need them after reports are done.

10. Write a blog post.

Call it ’10 ways to get your reports written… not!’


http://whatedsaid.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/10-ways-to-get-your-reports-written/

No comments:

Post a Comment